Me and Eclipse (especially on Mac) do not get along. We have a lot of issues, and one of the big ones is the constant hanging when I have to re-open Eclipse to switch projects or branches.
This is probably a post for future me, when I’ve forgotten how to do it and need to Google it again, but maybe it’ll help someone else out.
So, do you open Eclipse and constantly get the IDE hanging on either
- Android SDK Content Loader
- Android SDK Resolving error markers
If you do, I’ve found the following resolves it every time (it might also solve a couple of other hangs, but I’ve not been able to test that)
- Force Quit Eclipse (it probably won’t shut down properly if it’s hung)
- Open Terminal on your Eclipse workspace
- Move the .projects folder so we can use it again later
- mv .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects projects
- Reopen Eclipse, your projects should now load
- Once loaded, close Eclipse again (it’ll probably complain about being unable to save the workspace, that’s fine)
- Move the projects folder back
- mv projects .metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects
- Reopen Eclipse and find you can actually do some work!